Healthy Recipe: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Banana Bread


Hello there,


I made gluten-free, dairy-free banana bread for the first time and it was a homerun!




Recipe:


-3 ripe bananas
-3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (substitute applesauce for dairy-free)
-2 egg whites
-2 tablespoons almond milk
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons almond milk
-1/4 cup stevia sweetener
-1 1/2 cups oats
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas with a fork in large mixing bowl and mix in all wet ingredients. Mix in all other ingredients except for oatmeal. Put oats in blender and blend until smooth. Mix in blended oats and a small handful of regular oats for texture. Add Walnuts if desired.


Pour batter into a 4x8 inch non-stick pan and bake for one hour or until it's golden brown. Remove from pan and serve. It tastes great with a little applesauce on top!


Let me know if you have any variations that you think would work!


Happy baking,
Genevieve

You Might Also Like

2 chic comments

  1. Very Excited to try this! Stumbled upon your blog from Meg Rushbrook's. I am just starting a adventure in healthier eating so I am excited for all the help I have been finding on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made my first gluten/grain free muffins. They were good. I used 3/4 cups coconut flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/6 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, 6 eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 cup raw honey.
    Baked at 350 for 20 min. They were pretty good...if you like coconut.
    I just found your blog BTW! Excellent stuff my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images