Chic Coffeehouse: Yebom Cafe





안녕하세요 부산 사람을,


카페 ᆼㅖ봄 귀여워 도넛은 맛있다. 동래 지하철역 그것은 주변의 ^^


Hello there English speakers,


That was my first (and probably last) post in 한글. It was exhausting and laden with errors, but I knew that one Korean class I attended before dropping out would come in handy some day. That day has come. 


Because this post is specifically for Busanites, I thought I would share the love with any Korean who might be looking for coffee shops on Daum or Naver. This post is about a really cute coffee shop that opened up by the Dongnae subway stop yesterday.

It's called Yebom Coffee & Handmade Dessert Cafe and it has awesome homemade cookies and donuts. The prices are quite reasonable too. An americano to go was only 2,000 won. The barista was a diamond and spoke English well, but my favorite part was the decor.


I had my camera with me because it was English day at school, so I snapped some pictures of Cafe Yebom to share with you.


The barista explained to Bob and I that it's a "dream cafe" which means you write down your wish on a piece of paper and leave it in the shop. It reminded me of the wishing trees they have in Asia at Buddhist temples. 



Instead of tying our wishes to a tree, Bob and I opened a "pill" in a bottle and there was a scroll of paper inside instead of pharmaceuticals. It was such an interesting and clever idea. The entire place was absolutely charming. I'm not opposed to Starbucks or Angel-in-us  but this was such a pleasant overall experience compared to the chain coffee shops by my house I usually go to. 




If you're ever near Dongnae and want to stop in Yebom, give me a call. I would love to see if third time is the charm when it comes to dream cafe wishes.  


Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day! 

You Might Also Like

0 chic comments

Flickr Images