Happy Holidays: Naesan English Day

Hello there and Happy Holidays,

It was English Day at Naesan Elementary School on Tuesday and that means one thing... the fiercest competition of Christmas carols the world has ever seen. I brought my camera and am happy to present you with the best and most hilarious of the day's musical renditions. Enjoy!

This first performance was 3rd grade girls using a song from the textbook. They are definitely better dancers than me, especially the one in the middle, Lizy. She could be a KT Sonic Boom cheerleader if she played her cards right, no doubt about it.

The second group was an adorable performance of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by almost the entire 3-1 class. Sam, the cutie in the middle, is one of the boys that cried when he didn't get into my English winter camp. What a sweetie pie!


This final performance is by some 4-3 boys. They really like the group Westlife, which is pretty much a Christian version of the Backstreet Boys from what I can tell. All of the students at my school have heard of the song "My Love" which they are singing.

I'll admit that I'm a mean person, and the reason that I'm posting this last video is because their failure to sing actual English words is funny. The other reason is the last five seconds. Does anyone remember the  Kpop song "Abracadabra"? Well this boy sure does.*

*This video is rated PG for explicitly sexual dance moves.


Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus and Holidays from Korea! I really wish I could be with my family, friends and boyfriend back home right now but that would certainly make my blog less comical. Good thing I have my priorities straight.

Thanks for reading and have a wonder day!

You Might Also Like

0 chic comments

Flickr Images