The Civil Wars: Fashion Corkboard I

Hello There,


I'm back in my hometown, Iowa City, and it feels amazing! I've only been back a handful of times in the past three years and I'm seeing it in a whole new light. Perhaps part of my Iowa City high is that my scenester mom took me to a Civil Wars concert at The Mill my first night back. We were sitting five feet in front of them and were lucky enough to see them during their first visit to Iowa. I wouldn't be surprised if they remembered us, as I unfortunately inherited her rhythmic sway which has been described as "heroin addict-esque." 


Photo by Jon Willis
If you haven't heard The Civil Wars yet, indulge your ears. They are Indie Folk at its best. Joy Williams, the female singer, oozed charisma. I was already having major fashion envy until she pulled out a concertina and then my mom got instrument envy. Basically, we want to be her. 


Joy is the inspiration for my first fashion corkboard. I get depressed looking at clothes I can't actually afford so the dress, shoes and black ring combined cost less than $100. The concertina will run you a bit more. 


Inspiration: dress, shoes, concertina, black ring, three rings, earrings

Thanks for reading and have a great day listening to "Poison & Wine." 

You Might Also Like

2 chic comments

Flickr Images