Emo Korea Post I: Letters from my Students



Hello there,


As promised, here is my first emo-fabulous tribute post in the weeks leading up to leaving Korea. I got the sweetest letters from my students on the last day of winter camp. My 3rd grade girls made the cutest cards, but one letter stood out the most. It was from a 6th grade boy, Jack. He refused to play the games until the last day and just generally appeared to be in the throws of pre-teenage angst, so I was pretty shocked when I read this:


Hi Jenny teacher. My name is Jack. First sorry about my mind and talking when you say. I'm 6 grade. So I think I know many word. But it is not sure. I learn many word in English camp. And I don't like English because of English academy. But I have fun in English camp, now I think English is fun. And I don't want to do English camp. But it is wrong mind. English camp is very good. And also I'm sorry about my fuss. It is my bad habit. I'm very sorry about it. Soon I go to middle school. I'm repentance about my elementary time. If I can make time machine I want to go back 1 grade. I want to do more English camp. But I'm happy I do English camp now. One more time, I'm very sorry to you. I want to see you and come to Naesan Elementary School forever. Bye teacher


That totally made my week. It's nice to know that kids who look unhappy in class might actually be lovin' life on the inside. Here are a couple more letters, for your viewing pleasure:


  
Thanks for reading and have a great day!


Genevieve

You Might Also Like

0 chic comments

Flickr Images